(A Step towards Open Source Innovation by NOKIA and Intel)
NOKIA and Intel are working together to bring a new Open Source operating system and application development platform by combining best features of NOKIA’s Maemo and Intel’s Moblin project. MeeGo is a linux based platform that is capable of running over multiple devices as handsets, netbooks, connected TV’s , Vehicle information systems..etc. Some of the important Goals of MeeGo project are:
- To combining best of two ecosystems and give user a better experience.
- To give developers freedom for innovation (by keeping it open source)
- Involving community to develop and thus delivering user requirements fast.
- Targeting multiple devices.
- Providing rich cross platform development environment and tools.
- Supporting multiple hardware architecture.
More information about the “MeeGo” project, development environment , learning material can be found at MeeGo website.